Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Organizing Tips

When the seasons change from winter to spring and summer to fall, it ignites a cleaning frenzy in me!  I've been reorganizing my store and my house the last couple of weeks.  It may take awhile, but when done, it's great.  Here's a couple of tips to help you along.

As with any large project, it won't be so daunting if you break it up into chunks.  Ten minutes is all it takes to clean out a drawer.  One drawer or closet a day and you'll be done in no time.  Anything you haven't used in a year - pitch!  I work clockwise to make sure I haven't missed anything.  Plastic drawers are fabulous for organizing.  Consider moving pieces of furniture into different rooms.  Sometimes they work better in a different room.

Organizing your Holiday Gift Giving through the year:

Birthdays are easy to forget when you're busy with life, in general.  I use stackd plastic drawers in my hall closet to organize holiday plates & napkins, candles & matches, decorations, wrapping paper & ribbons, gift bags, etc. When I find sales on this stuff, I store it in the drawers.  Don't forget to label the drawers.

I have a card file box divided by month.  On each card is a person's birthday and address. Check the file at the beginning of the month and keep a stash of greeting cards on hand for all occasions.  As you discover a date you need to remember, add a card to the file.  Keep stamps in the card file.

Need last minute gifts?  When you come across fabulous sales like 2 for 1's or get "Kohl's" Cash or Meijer Bucks, buy gifts for safekeeping.  Put them in a place designated for gifts so you won't forget you have them.  You won't need last minute gifts again.  I just found something perfect for my mother but probably won't give it to her until Mother's Day next year.  She'll love it!

Happy organizing!

No comments:

class='nopin' height="391" border="0"width="400" src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YCbNO9wFQrQ/UPrZegPAXVI/AAAAAAAACK8/b7p-0NuZScI/s400/photo.jpg">