Monday, June 20, 2011

Some of my Special Customers - 6/20/11

Today was a special day at the store. It wasn't about the sales, it was about the people.
Let me introduce you to some of the important people that come to my store.

Avery used to come in about every other week with his grandpa who lives in the neighborhood. He's a very smart little boy who's going to break about a dozen hearts or more. He used to come in for books to "teach" his friends. I haven't seen him since he came to say goodbye about a year ago because he and his family were moving to Germany where his dad was stationed. I was pleasantly surprised when he came in with his grandpa just to say hello to me and let me know he was okay and back for the summer. He introduced me to his mom and little sister, Sophie. A child of about ten years, made me feel incredibly special today.

Also in today were the sisters that live in the neighborhood that stop in every so often through the year and always make it in a few times in the summer. They bring their own money and carefully choose the items they want to spend their money on. They're always very polite and I swear they grew about a foot each in the last year. Isabella and Olivia are turning into beautiful young ladies and I enjoy their visits.

There was a dad that came to me a couple of years ago, going through a divorce and wanted to create an educational environment for his kids when they were visiting. He was pretty down. Today, a couple years later, he was really up and was nice enough to share with me what he'd accomplished with his kids in the last couple of years.

Yes, today was a very special day for me. These people made my day just by walking in and allowing me to be a part of their lives. That is priceless.

No comments:

class='nopin' height="391" border="0"width="400" src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YCbNO9wFQrQ/UPrZegPAXVI/AAAAAAAACK8/b7p-0NuZScI/s400/photo.jpg">