Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Verdict on Grocery List Apps

Why am I blogging about grocery list apps?  Because some of my customers have been forced to take pay cuts, are paying more for insurance, and must buy their own supplies for their jobs! 

Every little bit helps, right?

As promised, here is my opinion on the Shopping List app and the Grocery Pal app.  Let me start by saying that both of these apps were $2.99 so don't confuse my findings with the lower level free versions.  Both apps categorize your products by aisle. 

Shopping List allows you to rearrange categories according to the store and also allows you to add your own categories.  It's user-friendly.  If you input prices on your items, it will total your list for you.

The Grocery Pal is not as user-friendly, however, it has all the bells and whistles except for rearranging categories and adding your own (as far as I've seen any way).  It's very touchy.  After spending a half hour entering my items it took me awhile to figure out I hadn't lost my list!  It was just in a different screen.

The Grocery Pal gets my vote because you can sync it online and type your list from a keyboard.  In addition, you can create your list and then find out what's on sale and where!  If you're a couponer this is fabulous news!  Not only can you clean up on the store savings but you can get added savings using your coupons.  You can look up all the coupons that are out there as well.  Not just grocery items - but household items, restaurants, office supplies, etc.  They show you a list of stores in your area but you can expand the list when you set up your account. 

Happy Saving!

Please let me know what you thought about this post.

No comments:

class='nopin' height="391" border="0"width="400" src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YCbNO9wFQrQ/UPrZegPAXVI/AAAAAAAACK8/b7p-0NuZScI/s400/photo.jpg">