Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Apples to Apps

As my business grows, I try to take advantage of technology to make my life easier.  I recently added Wi-Fi to our tutoring center.  It's great to see my tutors' smiling faces as they tote their laptops, ipads and other electronic gadgets into the center.  This opens up a host of resources to help our kids!

I love great deals and ideas to save money.  Visit my Pinterest boards for some of those ideas.  I use my iPhone to save time & money daily.  There are several free or low cost apps to help busy people, like us.  Apps I'm currently exploring and/or using are:
  • Myfitnesspal to lose weight and stay healthy (lost 7 lbs. - thank you)
          This app helps you set goals, monitor your intake of sugar, cholesterol,
          protein, carbs, calories and gives you incentive to exercise by adding
          calories to your allowance for the day.  It's a real eye opener.
  • Grocery Pal and ShopList 
          I'm still experimenting with these.  I'm trying to decide which one is better
          even though I paid for both of them.  I love that I'm saving trees by making
          a shopping list on my phone.  Once you enter the items you buy on a regular
          basis, you can tap on them to add to a new list.  The Grocery Pal does a
          comparison by store on who has the best deals for the week and will even
          show you the weekly ad circulars.  They both categorize the items by aisle. 
          I'll let you know what I think.
  • Maps and GPS 
          A big help when I'm making deliveries to several schools, or just need quick directions.
  • eWeather 
          Figure out how to dress yourself and the kids for the day (especially
          important in Michigan where the weather is so unpredictable).
  • Errands
          Categorize errands by work or home.  You can put an alarm on your phone
          to remind you about a time-sensitive errand.  This one is a real time saver
          and helps keep you on schedule.

What apps do you use?  I'd love to try them out!

No comments:

class='nopin' height="391" border="0"width="400" src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YCbNO9wFQrQ/UPrZegPAXVI/AAAAAAAACK8/b7p-0NuZScI/s400/photo.jpg">