Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Steal Precious Moments

We had the most beautiful weekend here in southeast Michigan. A weekend that was predicted to be the last. I saw the gentleman who made the prediction on the news this morning, and despite the tongue-in-cheek humor I've heard in the last couple of days, my heart really went out to him. He truly believed with every fiber of his being that he was right. So much so that he wanted to warn the world.

I'm sure the folks in Joplin, Missouri are feeling as though their world ended. What would be the end of your world or what has been? Many of us have experienced something that rocked our world to it's very core. When is there time to enjoy life? Sometimes you just have to steal those moments because they are precious and few.

My husband and I abandoned our housework/yardwork responsibilities on Friday to go shopping. Then, we put off making dinner to go biking in the park. Then we just couldn't resist a walk, hand-in-hand, around the block after dinner. I hope you can take a few moments today and everyday to enjoy life. It's shorter than you may think.

No comments:

class='nopin' height="391" border="0"width="400" src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YCbNO9wFQrQ/UPrZegPAXVI/AAAAAAAACK8/b7p-0NuZScI/s400/photo.jpg">